The most recent commission undertaken was a Salamanders Redemptor. This model is one of the newer ones in the Adeptus Astartes range and man, it is one of the coolest to paint and also get a dynamic pose.
Designed to be, arguably, the replacement for the Dreadnought from the power armour Space Marine range. This Primaris Dreadnought towers over the original, white metal one. That piece was released way, way back,circa 1990 has since had many a plastic upgrade to make it a little more substantial, but there is nothing really like this new beast of a walker.
The model was preassembled on receipt and just took a little cleaning up; this is pretty much the state that I received it: ready to go!
Some initial sculpting to really make this model unique for a Salamander force.
While that was curing, I started construction of the base. I had to cut the feet away, since it was received glued to the base. Along with custom base sculpting, I used some Agrellan Earth to get the smaller crackle on the base and Vallejo Ground Texture and finally Mod Podge to seal it all together.
Work with the airbrush soon began and I layed down undercoat, base and preshading with the magnificent tool; it really helps to get the essentials down and ready to go so that you can soon work on the really fun stuff.
More areas showing the transitions, now with the addition of the brass (starting to block out where I want it to be brass).
Edge highlighting and finishing the brass:
Freehand work. Battle damage, flame icon on chest and Salamanders Chapter symbol:
Completed Redemptor Dreadnought based and painted:
There you have it; I had a lot of fun working on this project. If you have any questions about the process involved, please post in the comments; I am welcome to any questions you may have.
Next piece to add to the Salamander collection is going to be two very different pieces. An Invictor Tactical Warsuit and a 2nd edition 40k Space Marine Rhino.